Winter Roof Prep! ❄️
We know fall has just arrived, but the fall season is when you should start thinking about getting your roof ready for winter before it gets too cold! Yearly maintenance on your roof is one of the best ways to ensure your roof lasts for many years. Read on to get a few tips for prepping your roof for winter!
Winterizing Your Roof
- Eliminate any low-hanging tree branches and other vegetation near your roof. Ice and snow can accumulate on trees and branches, weighing them down until they snap. Save yourself some stress by trimming back your branches before a Winter storm hits.
- Check your roof for signs of pest infestation and check for weak spots that an animal might exploit in order to stay warm. Mice, squirrels, and raccoons might see your home as a shelter from the cold winter weather and they can cause major damage if they get inside.
- Remove leaves and other fallen debris from your roof and gutters. During the Fall season, your roof can quickly become covered in leaves, acorns, and branches. This debris can help trap moisture on your roof, which can lead to other problems. It can also clog your gutters. To ensure that water flows away from your home so it can't cause any damage, it's important to clean out your gutters. If your gutters are clogged, they can't do their job.
- Once you have the roof cleaned off, carefully inspect it for any damages. Look for loose or missing flashing around the chimney and vent stacks. Check the shingles for any tearing, curling or missing ones. Keep your eyes out for shingle granules because they are a sign of serious wear and tear. If you notice any damages or would just prefer a professional opinion, give Above & Beyond Roofing a call at 573-302-0354.
- Check your attic insulation because it plays an important role in protecting your home and roof throughout the winter. As the sunshine heats the roof and melts the snow and ice, the moisture can cause damage and possible ice dams. Having sufficient attic insulation will help prevent excess changes in temperature and reduce the risk of damaging your roof.
Above & Beyond Roofing has all of your roofing needs covered! From roof repairs, roof inspections, gutter clean out and more! We are here to ensure your roof is ready for the winter months. Give us a call at 573-302-0354 to schedule a free inspection or get a free roofing estimate at the Lake of the Ozarks.