1. In what year did Congress make Labor Day a federal holiday?
2. What state was first to make Labor Day a state holiday?
3. What group organized the original parade on Tuesday, September 5, 1882 in New York City?
A. The Knights of Labor
B. Central Labor Union
C. The Knights of Columbus
D. United States Congress
4. Since 1966, what annual telethon, which raises tens of millions of dollars each year for research, has been held on Labor Day Weekend?
A. American Cancer Association
B. United States Heart Association
C. Muscular Dystrophy Association
D. Alzheimer's Association
5. Which US President signed the bill making Labor Day a national holiday?
A. William McKinley
B. Benjamin Harrison
C. Chester Arthur
D. Grover Cleveland
6. What nickname was assigned to 19th-century labor activist Peter McGuire?
A. Disturber of the Public Peace
B. The People's Spokesperson
C. The Voice of Multitudes
7. When was the first labor strike in US history believed to have occurred?
8. In what year was the Adamson Act that made the 8-hour work week official?
1. A - 1894
2. A - Oregon
3. B - Central Labor Union
4. C - Muscular Dystrophy Association
5. D - Grover Clevland
6. A - Disturber of the Public Peace
7. C - 1636
8. A - 1916
Above & Beyond Roofing moved to the Lake of the Ozarks in 2004 for the potential to do work all year round. We pride ourselves on being locally owned and operated, being open 7-days per week, and we turn the average roofing job in one day! Be sure to call the best Lake of the Ozarks roofing company to schedule your free roof inspection this fall before the snow gets here!
At Above & Beyond Roofing, we pride ourselves on being locally owned and operated, being open 7- days a week, and we turn the average roofing job in one day! Contact Ben or Melissa for a free estimate on your next project at 573-302-0354!
Be sure to LIKE us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn and Subscribe to our Blog!!