Labor Day Trivia Questions
1. On which date was the first Labor Day parade held?
A. September 1, 1886
B. September 2, 1882
C. September 3, 1886
D. September 5, 1882
A. Peter J. McGuire & Matthew Maguire
B. Leslie Smith & Matthew Maguire
C. President Grover Cleveland & Matthew Maguire
D. President Grover Cleveland & Peter J. McGuire
3. Which state had the first Labor Day law, passed on February 21, 1887?
A. New York
B. New Jersey
4. Which U.S. President signed the bill making Labor Day a national holiday?
A. Grover Cleveland
B. Benjamin Harrison
C. Chester Arthur
D. Theodore Roosevelt
5. In which U.S. city was the first Labor Day celebration held?
D. New York City
6. What infamous incident in U.S. history led to the establishment of Labor Day as a holiday?
A. Tompkins Square Riot
B. Great Railroad Strike of 1877
C. Pullman Strike
D. Haymarket Riot
7. Which U.S. state does not recognize Labor Day as a public holiday?
8. Starting in the year 1966, what annual telethon was held on Labor Day Weekend?
A. Muscular Dystrophy Association
B. American Cancer Society
C. United States Hear Association
D. Children's Miracle Network
9. What group organized the first Labor Day parade in New York City?
A. The Knights of Labor
B. The American Federation of Labor
C. The American Railway Union
D. The American Labor Alliance
10. The model for Labor Day in the U.S. was inspired by which country?
A. United Kingdom
1. D - September 5, 1882
2. A - Peter J. McGuire & Matthew Maguire
3. C - Oregon
4. A - Grover Cleveland
5. D - New York City
6. C - Pullman Strike
7. D - None
8. A - Muscular Dystrophy Association
9. B - The American Federation of Labor
10. C - Canada
Be sure to LIKE us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn and Subscribe to our Blog!!