1. American's purchase nearly 600 million pounds of candy each year for Halloween.
2. Over 10% of annual candy sales happen in the days leading up to Halloween, at nearly $2 billion in sales.
4. In comparison, more chocolate candy is sold during Halloween Week than those weeks leading up to other holidays. For Halloween, 90 million pounds of chocolate candy is sold, while only 65 million pounds leading up to Easter and 48 million leading up to Valentine's Day.
5. Chocolate is the most popular choice of candy. Of the $1.9 billion sold in Halloween Candy each year, $1.2 billion is on chocolate and only $680 million on sugar candy.
6. When 3 Musketeers was introduced in the 1930's, it consisted of separate chocolate, vanilla and strawberry pieces.
7. Only 10% of kids prefer to recieve gum for Halloween, while 50% prefer chocolate.
8. The top selling candy is Candy Corn with over 20 million pounds purchased each year, followed by Snickers, Reese's, Kit Kat and M&M's.
9. Candy Corn is the most searched-for candy term in Google, even more popular than candy apples, gummy works and candy pumpkins.
10. If Branches laid out the candy corn kernels it sells each year end to end, they would wrap around the Earth 4.25 times.
Above & Beyond Roofing wishes you a fun and safe Halloween this weekend! Don't forget that Halloween means the start of temperatures dropping and weather changing. Make sure that your roof can withstand the harsh Winter weather by scheduling a FREE roof inspection at the Lake of the Ozarks today! Contact your Lake of the Ozarks roofer at 573-302-0354 today!
At Above & Beyond Roofing, we pride ourselves on being locally owned and operated, being open 7- days a week, and we turn the average roofing job in one day! Contact Ben or Melissa for a free estimate on your next project at 573-302-0354!
Be sure to LIKE us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn and Subscribe to our Blog!!