FATHER'S DAY FUN FACTS
1. The person credited for inventing the concept of Father's Day is Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd, an American whose father had raised his six children single-handedly. Due to her efforts, Sonora Dodd is now known as the "mother of Father's Day."
2. The 1st unofficial Father's Day celebration took place on June 19, 1910 in Spokane, Washington. June was the month of Dodd's father's birth.
3. In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation that resulted in the declaration of the third Sunday of June as Father's Day. It was then signed as a law and made permanent by President Richard Nixon in 1972.
4. Today, some of the most popular internet searches connected to this holiday are "father's day recipes," "father's day poems" and "father's day crafts."
5. Roses are the official flower for Father's Day. Red roses represent that your father is still living, while a white rose means that he is deceased.
6. Father's Day is the 5th largest card-sending holiday in the world, with an estimated $100 million in card sales. More than 1/3 of those cards are funny in nature.
7. In 2015, it is expected that a total of $12.7 billion will be spent on Father's Day Gifts. The average person will spend $116 on Father's Day shopping.
8. The most popular Father's Day gift to give is a necktie. Other popular gifts include hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers, as well as golf clubs and fishing rods.
9. Around 72% of Americans acknowledge and celebrate Father's Day.
10. There are approximately 64.3 million Father's in America.
Happy Father's Day from your Lake of the Ozarks roofing company! Above & Beyond Roofing hopes you have a wonderful weekend spending time with your family. Keep us in mind if you need any roofing repairs at the Lake of the Ozarks. With all this rain we're having, its important to keep an eye on your roof to avoid costly damages.
Be sure to LIKE us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn and Subscribe to our Blog!!