Mother's Day Fun Facts
1. More phone calls are made on Mother's Day than on any other day of the year. These calls often cause phone traffic to spike by as much as 37 percent.
2. In the United States alone, around 122 million phone calls are made to moms on Mother's Day.
3. Approximately $671 Million is spent on Mother's Day Cards each year.
4. Approximately 65% of card sales occur 5 days prior to Mother's Day.
5. Consumers purchase an average of 2.8 Mother's Day cards.
6. Approximately $1.9 Million is spent on flowers each year for Mother's Day.
7. Pink and red carnations are given to mothers that are still alive, while white ones are for those that have passed away.
8. Studies and research now show that giving a bouquet of flowers has many positive health and psychological benefits.
9. More people purchase fresh flowers and plants for Mother's Day than for any other holiday except Christmas/Hanukkah.
10. In 2015, the National Retail Federation estimated that U.S. consumers would spend nearly $21.2 billion celebrating Mother's Day.
11. Approximately $126 Million is spent on Mother's Day gifts each year.
12. According to Insure.com's 2014 Mother's Day Index, various tasks performed at home by Mother's would be worth $62,985 a year in the professional world.
Above & Beyond Roofing wishes every mother out there a very Happy Mother's Day! To all the children out there, be sure to show your mom how much you care this weekend. Whether it's by getting her a gift, doing chores around the house, taking her to dinner or even just simply saying "I love you," make Sunday a special day for her.
Be sure to LIKE us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn and Subscribe to our Blog!!