Is Your Roof Ready for the Elements of Winter?
Peace of mind is priceless. Especially going into the Christmas Season you want to have as little extra stress as possible! Set aside a few minutes to examine your roof to avoid unwanted surprises when after the first round of round of winter precipitation falls. Here are some guidelines to help make sure your roof is ready for the elements ahead.
- Examine the framing for any sags or uneven areas. This could be the sign of damage to the foundation under the shingles.
- Clean the gutters if you haven't already. Also make sure they are tightly fastened for proper flow. Water standing on your roof with no way of escape is a disaster waiting to happen!
- If you have any natural dips or valley in your roof make sure the area(s) are free of debris. The additional weight combined with ice or snow could be too heavy for the roof to maintain.
- Look over the flashing to ensure it is all tightly fastened and no tears or gaps have occurred.
- Scan the shingles to make sure they are all in place and in good condition. Look for missing granules or curling edges. If you see any they may need replaced.
If you have any doubts or questions contact a your Lake of the Ozarks Roofer for an free roof inspection and quote, just to be sure. By taking time to do a few simple things you can save yourself money on monthly bills and avoid costly repairs. We hope you find this information helpful!
Contact Ben or Melissa for a free estimate on your next project - 573-302-0354!