Pros and Cons of Metal Roofs
When it comes time to replace your roof at the Lake of the Ozarks choosing your roofing material is one of the first decisions you will need to make. Your material choice will change the look of your home or business, the durability, and how long it lasts. Metal roofs are becoming more and more popular for homes and businesses! If you aren't familiar with metal roofs, our roofing company at the Lake of the Ozarks has the pros and cons of metal roofs!
Metal roofs offer a clean, high tech look that will suit the architectural style of many homes and businesses. If a more rustic or corrugated style is desired, you can purchase this style of metal roofing material. Consider the other advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to a metal roof.
- VERY Durable - although it is lightweight, the metal roof will hold up to many harsh elements. This non-combustible, highly fire-retardant roofing option will stand up to wind, hail, and severe storms.
- Attractive clean look that offers a contemporary design to improve your home's curb appeal.
- Energy Efficiency - The metal roof will reflect the sun and protect your home from the heat and damaging sun rays. The metal roof is also very good for shedding snow build up during the winter.
- Cost - the metal roof is typically one of the more expensive options when it comes to roofing your home. However, the benefits will be well worth the initial investment if you intend to be in your home for more than 10 years. A typical metal roof will typically last two times as long as traditional asphalt shingles.
- Noise - some think the sound of rain on a metal roof is relaxing while others find it to be too noisy. Although, your metal roof is not as noisy as some might think. Before you cross a metal roof off of your list because of noise, try to catch a metal roof when it's raining and see if the noise is too much to handle.
Above & Beyond Roofing is your locally-owned residential and commercial roofing specialist. From inspections and repairs to re-roofs and new construction, we are the Lake of the Ozarks roofing company to call. Our crews can turn around most jobs in just a single day. Get a free, no-obligation roof inspection at the Lake of the Ozarks by calling 573-302-0354 today.